9.17.2007

Mmmm... Chicago.

Spent some time this eve listening to one of my very favorite bands: Chicago. I've been a fan of theirs for over 20 years, and they most definitely had an influence on my early musical development (I played sax in an earlier life). There's just something so right about their first 14 albums... the ones that they recorded on the Columbia label: they all just have a certain groove that clicks with me.

While I'm on the topic, you won't generally find Peter Cetera on lists of "most talented bassists". Regardless, this cat could get out with the best of them.

Chicago's still around today. Cetera's been gone long gone (yeah, I know, BAD), and there have been some other changes to the lineup, but they're still touring. I have a feeling that they're destined to become a Vegas act, what with the subs that they put in from time to time. I've got no prob with that.

BTW, if you've ever heard Stone of Sisyphus, drop me a line. It's just been confirmed that this "lost album" will be released toward the end of the year. Sweet.

No comments: