4.13.2008

American Idol & Hell's Kitchen...

I watch both of these when I have time, and thought I'd jot down a couple observations...

First, if David Cook doesn't win American Idol, I'll be sorely disappointed. He's definitely the most talented of the group. Even if his performance last week wasn't great. Now, like Simon said, if we can keep this from being a popularity contest...

Second... I'm counting the seconds until both Jen and Jason are eliminated from Hell's Kitchen. Jen talks to much and makes no sense. Jason is a woman-hating idiot and worthless in the kitchen. I reckon they'll both be shown the door soon enough... no way Ramsay's going to give a quarter-megabuck job to these schmucks.

Corey, while being strategic, likely screwed herself over when she picked Christina and Jen for elimination, when Sharon was clearly the worst. In doing so, Corey indicated to Ramsay that she's more concerned for herself than the good of her team. I'm quite certain that Gordon's intelligent enough to pick up on that.

BTW, WTF do we call this reality TV? These and their ilk are little more than groupwise game shows. Like auto racing and marathons, everyone plays at the same time. Because of the setups, there's really nothing about them that makes them reality. Especially since in reality, most people would shrink at the idea of competing to be the best.

No comments: